Rules are not meant to be broken!
Negotiated, maybe. Either way, we wanted to take the time to make a list of our pet peeves or any general actions that may cause Brittany to get mad. You don’t want to see Brittany mad!
Rules of the road
1) Allowable miles and generator usage are based on paid days. So if you paid for three days than you get 3 times the allowable usage of the generator and mileage, etc. Charges will accrue for any usage over that as per the listed amount.
2) No smoking or vaping of any kind inside the RV, any evidence will be subject to a $500.00 “additional” cleaning fee. This allows for ozone treatment.
3) RV should be returned in the same condition as it was at the time it was rented out (picked up by you) i.e. full gas tank, full propane, grey and black tank emptied and flushed out.
4) No off road travels or out of country locations permitted. Please seek permission upfront if off-road travel is required. This includes Big Bend and Grass Field tailgating. We have stories you need to hear!
5) No walking, sitting, standing, or lounging on top of the roof. They are simply not designed for that!
6) Pets allowed (with $100 fee) but owner takes full responsibility for any damages or excessive odors.
7)Only use biodegradable, RV and marine type bath tissue that we supply or that you have.
8) Ensure all doors, cabinets and drawers are closed and locked before driving RV (this includes all undercarriage compartments, refrigerator, overhead vents in hallway and bathrooms, bathroom doors, master bedroom door, etc.) to avoid damage while the RV is in motion (trust me!).
9) Refuel Policy: RV should be returned with (at least) the same amount of gas provided at pick up, or renters will be subject to $25 refuel fee plus actual fuel cost. See “Rates” page.
10) Dumping Policy: Renter is responsible for emptying both gray and black (septic) tanks before returning RV to owner. Failure to do so will result in a $50 dumping fee. Empty Black first, then Grey. You will learn how to do this upon pickup. We will also provide the nearest locations to do so, however if you can’t find a dump lovcation, refer to the RV dump application on the RV’s supplied tablet or call us.
11) Towing Policy: Please let us know in advance if you plan to tow anything behind the RV during the rental period. You must bring your own flat-towing equipment and tow weight must not exceed 5,000 lbs. Renter must bring all other compatible equipment to tow their personal items. We keep the hitches locked at all times to prevent misuse. We charge a flat $100 tow fee.
12) Appliances: The A/C, generator, awning, radio, microwave, stove, oven, television, etc. are convenience items. If any malfunctions should occur with any of these items, NO compensation will be made to you. For assistance, give us a call, usually we can walk you through quick tips to get back up and running. However, depending on the situation we try to provide a mobile mechanic to repair if available/possible. Our roadside assistance also provides good resources for these items as well, check out our “Rates” page for more info on roadside assistance.
13) RV Content: Renters agree to return the RV with all original contents in place to include any and all convenience items, inventory items, and any optional items requested in this rental agreement. When renters are away from RV, all doors including undercarriage should remain locked to prevent theft and overhead vents in bathroom and hallway should be closed to prevent water damage in the event of rain. Awning SHALL NOT be opened during strong winds or while away from RV to prevent damage. If any inventory items are damaged or missing at the time of the delivery, renter risks forfeiture of some or all of the security deposit, at the owner’s discretion.
14) There will be no refunds for early returns. Please inform us in advance if you plan to return early or if you are running late. Any drop-off after 5pm CST will result in an additional night charge, unless previously authorized. It is inadequate to perform drop off inspections in the dark as it does not allow for a proper visual inspection. Please plan your travel accordingly to meet pick-up and drop-off times.
15) Extending Rental Dates. You are responsible for reviewing this agreement to ensure that all rentals costs and rental dates are correct. If you wish to extend the rental period, you must call us for approval. If you do not return at the scheduled drop-off time on the scheduled Rental Period End Date and you have not called us for approval to extend the rental period, you will be charged additional rental day(s), and any inconvenience fees incurred by the next renter. Please remember that our units are usually booked by other families picking up as quickly as the next day.